Thursday, April 2, 2009

3:10 to Yuma endig

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN 3:10 to Yuma DO NOT READ ANY FURTHERSPOILER!!!!!!!








While many have problems with Bale dying I see none. It creates a sort of moral ambiguity that goes against most western films. The good guy does not always win. The one issue I have is that after the cows are released in the middle of the firefight, Bale turns around to look and Crowe. Now after having practically an entire town shooting at you and have to run through the streets to avoid gunfire from all sides, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU TURN YOUR BACK TO THE PLACE WHERE ALL OF THE REMAINING FIRE CAME FROM!! It makes no sense whatsoever. After exhibiting intelligence throughout the film, why pull one of the stupidest actions a western gunfighter can do? Despite not liking his death, I did however really enjoy the scene where Crowe shoots and kills all of his former comrades, and then relinquishes his weapons.

7 comments:

  1. I should really learn to type slower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the ending and it was very sad, and idiotic on Bale's part but I did think the ending was well done. I didn't have much of a problem with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree I didnt like the ending and not because Bale dies but because I thought his death was very predictible. The movie would have been better if the kid gets shot at the end. Showing that he would have lived to see his father become a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy, that is a good point. It was definitely predictable but I think my point was that I don't think that him dying was a bad thing. It is possible that the son dying would have been very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The son dying woul have been really shocking, but Bale's death was so predictable. The whole movie builds up to it to the point where the audience knows its unavoidable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a vague recollection of the shot that killed him. I think it was just a decibel louder than the others and it roused me from the depths of my slumber. No matter, I had to wake up and drive home anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The movie was predictible Mr. Bennet but wasn't that bad

    ReplyDelete